Sunday 21 January 2018

Find a Happy Place


Long time no type! Infact the last time I blogged was exactly a year ago tomorrow! (22nd Jan 2017)

As a lot of you will know if you work in retail Christmas can be a very long, stressful and exhausting time of year. While everyone around you lists all the food they'll be eating and which friends and family they be seeing and when, you just sit quietly wondering what time you'll make it home Christmas eve after a very long work day and what time you'll need to leave to make it back in time ready for work on the 27th!

I have found this year harder than normal, having moved away from home and although yes I have worked the same amount I haven't been going home to my traditional christmas and having cosy nights with Aurora watching Christmas films.

So because of this over the last new weeks whenever I've had a few days off work I have tried to get away and my happy place has been at my brother. I'm so lucky to have a friendship with my bother like I do.

While I was there this time, we met up with our friend Christina (youtube link) and we went out for dinner. We found an adorable little pub just outside Grantham called The Stag. I wish we had found this place during Christmas because the decorations would have been adorable!

They did however still have fairy lights around the fire place because fairy lights are forever not just for Christmas!

The Menu was as cute as the decor and had a really good choice of meals all traditional pub food but also most of it supplied from the farms surrounding. I went for the cheese burger and some Garlic Bread, Oh My!! it was amazing! I also had a cheese cake for dessert and the presentation was stunning!



No matter what we do when I'm at my brothers I leave feeling much more relaxed and thats something I've needed over the last few months.

Today is brother appreciation day :) Thank you for being my best friend.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cara Wood | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig